"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain!"

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summertime and the Livin' is Easy

I feel like spring semester at BYU-I just ended in one big heap, nothing really majorly exciting happened, except for I never want to look at another cleaning supply for as long as I live! (White glove checks= major pain in the butt.) Anyways, left Rexburg super early on Saturday morning and had to ride the oh-so-fancy Salt Lake Express down to the SLC airport. That was like a 5 hour drive, but luckily I had my ipod with me. When I made it through security and all that jazz, I was torn between getting some breakfast at Starbucks or Krispy Kreme. I ended up going with Krispy Kreme, not only was is significantly cheaper but the line was shoter. Once I totally gorged myself with donuts, I headed for my gate and waited. For once, I had nothing to do, no homework, reading, nothing. It was really great.
When I finally got on the plane headed for Sacramento, CA (My parents and Taylor were out west with some friends who came from Germany)I was sitting in the exit row seat. I really don't like sitting in this row simply because if something was to happen to the plane I would be responsible for helping people out of the plane. Talk about responsibility! Lucky me, the plane ride was rather uneventful, except for this nice old lady sitting next to me. She told me her life story and I told her mine, and now we are practically BFF.
After I got my ginormous suitcase from baggage claim, I turned around that I could see my dad pulling up the rental car and I saw my sweet mom and Taylor coming inside to greet me. I love these sorts of reunions, especially the mother-daughter reunions. There always seems to be so much to talk about, even though I called her pretty much everyday while I was out at school. Haha!
Well, my first meal was at Chick-fil-a! WOOHOO. It tasted just as I remembered it, greasy and delicious. Then we headed to my aunt's house where we were staying for a few nights. My aunt's grandkids were there for the week, so it was fun to play with them, only it made me miss my neices and nephews all the more.
Taylor and I went with the girls from Germany to a waterpark near their hotel. I hadn't seen them in like 4 years. The waterpark was a great start to my summer vacation! I really wish I had pictures of all this to break up this text, but I don't, so whoever actually reads this, I am sorry.
On Monday we began our long drive down the coast of California, along the way we stopped at the Jelly Belly Factory, some beach (but it was kinda cold), and drove a lot! We ended up in Hollywood, CA by Tuesday. we didn't see anyone famous, but we walked Hollywood Blvd and saw the stars on the sidewalks, so that was kind of cool.


On Wednesday, we began our Disney adventure in California Adventure theme park. It was great and the line were not terribly long as they sometimes can be in the summertime. My favorite ride by far is Tower of Terror and California Screamin'. Oh so fun! We saw Mickey Mouse and other characters too, which is always fun and brings back childhood memeories of when I was terrified of people dressed in costumes. Everyone had a great time at CA Adventure! The next day we went to Disneyland, which is significantly smaller than Disneyworld, but hey they still got all that Disney Magic goin on. I love Disney, it makes me feel like a kid again. I don't know what it is about Disney that I just love so much, but whatever it is I like it. On Friday, we went to the beach for the day. It started out rather chilly, but warmed up some. The water never really warmed up, unless you got it and then became totally numb, then the water was great! My mom, Laura and I were playing in the waves when we saw two dolphin swim by. It was so awesome! I wanted to swim out to them and play but I decided that probably wouldn't be one of my brightest ideas I've ever had. After playing at the beach, we went to the Cheesecake Factory because they were having half-off cheescake for national cheescake day! How great is that! I mean really the best day ever, right after my birthday and Christmas of course. Oh it was just so yummy.



Saturday, we went to Universal Studios. It's not quite as good as the one in Orlando, but it was still fun. We met Spongebob, I was highly excited about this.
The next morning we drove four hours to Las Vegas. I'm sorry to say I did not hit up any of the casinos as I am still not 21, but come September Kelly and I will be heading down there becaue hey we can! Anyways, we stayed at the Hilton Hotel and Casino just off the strip, and it was way nice. We hung out by the hotel pool, there were some pretty interesting characters there. And my dad won a drawing and he got tow of those huge 44 oz. Vegas bottles, but don't worry, he filled them with Virgin Strawberry Daquiris, but nobody would have known the drinks were virgin and Taylor and I were walking around sipping those things down like they were water. Haha, not really, but I bet people were questioning the judgment of my parents. HAHA! That night we went to the show "O" put on by the Cirque Du Soulie. It was super awesome! And that's all I'm going to say about that because I don't really know how to describe it other than there was so much going on and so much to look at all the time.

After and good nights rest and a huge breakfast at the hotels buffet, we headed home. It didn't seem quite as exciting as normal to come home, I guess it's because I already spent a week with Taylor and my parents, but it was good to see my other family again and sleep in my bedroom in my house.

Other summer adventures are soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment