"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain!"

Sunday, October 10, 2010

This Time It's All in Writing

In Sacrament Meeting today I realized I needed to make some changes in my life. Not that I was ever a "bad person" to begin with, but there are some things that I am going to try to work on that will help me become an even better person. I seem to always get this far in the process of change, but it never makes it past a day or two before I resort to my old habits. This time it will be different; this time it's all in writing.

1. Read my scriptures everyday--I admit that I tend to slack off in this area from time to time.
2. Fast on every Fast Sunday--This will be a challenge because when I go on vacation and it happens to fall on a Fast Sunday, I always just skip it.
3. No watching rated "R" movies. I never really watched them in the first place, once or twice in high school we would watch clips of "R" rated movies, but why start watching them? Is it really worth it?
4. Attend the temple at least once a month--There are those really awesome people who have made a habit of going once a week, and I hope to one day reach that level, but right now we will start off small and see how things work out.



5. Pray morning and night--I'm really good about saying my prayers every night. I guess it's because I have been doing it since I learned to talk. My morning prayers are a different story though, well as of right now anyway.
6. Put a picture of Christ in my bedroom.



As I learned in Sacrament Meeting today, this time in my life is crucial, so many things happening all the time with so many decision to be made. As it is I am not the best at making decisions, anyone who knows me can attest to that! So I'm really hoping and putting my faith in the Lord that if I stick to these new life changes I have just made then I will recieve the blessings I stand in need of. This could be a good thing, I know this will be a good thing, for me anyways.

3 comments:

  1. YES! You are awesome, also.... I will go to the temple with you! I need to start going as well so hit me up okay?!

    ReplyDelete